Please see the following learning opportunity from our colleagues at Bank Street College:
Language Series 2017
Multiliteracies: Exploring Multimodal Pedagogies for Academic Success
November 11, 2017
Bank Street College
610 West 112th Street
New York, NY 10025
Featuring keynote presentation by Detra Price-Dennis, Ph.D., Elementary & Inclusive Education, Teachers College, Columbia University, followed by two rounds of workshops!
Language is nuanced, multi-modal and ever-changing. By language, we mean not just words but all the forms in which communication can be represented. In the 21st century innovative pedagogies impact the way we teach using various ways of accessing content that are reflected in multiliteracies. The Language Series 2017 will focus on teaching methods to better engage students in language and content development: not only digital technology but also explorations, music, sounds, block building, and others.
- The Classroom as a Learning Laboratory: Using Projects as a Tool for Language Development with José Daniel Sandín
- Fostering Student Agency and Voice: A Critical Multiliteracy Approach to Developing Narrative Skills with Mimi Rosenberg
- The Many Languages of Block Building: Creating Spaces for Emerging Literacies through Play with Rebecca Burdett
- Music as a Pathway for Learning at Every Age with Alina Vayner
- SOUNDS IN MOTION: Using Body Movements to Train Auditory Perception, Language, and Early Literacy with Frances Santore
Registration opening soon with Early Bird discount through October 15!
This may be taken for graduate school credit or available for 1 CEU.
Visit bankstreet.edu/ls for more information.
Inquiries: 212.875.4461 | firstname.lastname@example.org