Engaging Students with Interrupted/Inconsistent Formal Education (SIFE) in All Classrooms. In this session, participants will learn and apply strategies to support SIFE engagement in all classrooms, including such classes as art, music, and physical education. The session will identify specific challenges or needs that SIFE may have in participating in these classes. Participants will apply the concepts they have learned in setting goals for engaging SIFE in their context.
- Explore and apply relevant aspects of second language acquisition and culturally relevant instruction in support of developing engagement of SIFE in all their classes.
- Apply strategies for building on the backgrounds and experiences of SIFE.
- Apply strategies for supporting academic language development in their classes.
- Apply strategies for fostering engagement of SIFE in a variety of activities in their context.
- Apply strategies that they have learned to set goals for their work with SIFE.
Should SW BOCES' MLP be "full", please register at Rockland BOCES' website using their MLP link here.
REGISTRATION/SIGN-IN: 8:30-9:00 AM
LUNCH: ON YOUR OWN